Company: Applied Material
Qualification: Degree In Mechanical Engineering
Salary: Depends On Interview
Selection Process: Interview Dates And Venue Will Be Shared With The Shortlist Candidates Separately
Applied Materials Job Description:
- Interfaces with Engineering functions to coordinate the release of New Products or/and product improvements. On Module/Product on PLC/CIP Program.
- Responsible to release Super BOM to support Phase Gate Exists.
- Performs Virtual build, to early detect mfg. build issues, and also determines the best & optimized mfg. strategy, sourcing strategy, packaging & shipping strategy for the responsible module.
- Launches, releases, approves, and implements engineering change orders / Non-Standard Requests or Orders as required to support design engineering and floor for new/existing products.
- Supports New Product documentation by OMS Creation for NPI/CIP Builds
- Create and maintain Master Layout.
- Coordinates with Design SMEs in the development of Tooling Design & Testing fixtures to achieve quality & Productive manufacturing build.
- Participate in the New Product Builds & Determines root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; drives Short term & Long-term corrective actions.
- Interfaces between operations, design engineering & Global Product management to implement most feasible solution to resolve supplier, Build & Field issues following Corp processes.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures, and policies. Develops and maintains new business processes; edits as necessary to ensure current practices are documented. Mentors and trains lower level engineers.
- Applies DFx principles (Design for Manufacturing, Aesthetics, Ergonomics, Producibility, etc.) to reduce product costs and improve delivered product quality.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of new business processes; edits as necessary to ensure current practices are documented
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project in progress and/or the specific goals of the department in which the incumbent works.
- Performs Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
Job Specific skills/Knowledge
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing engineering discipline, theories, practices, and principles.
- Product structure, bill of materials, product safety requirements, material handling, and root cause analysis.
- Min. 3 Years of hands on experience on Creo / TCAI CAD Tools. (1-3 Years: Min. 1-year hands on experience on 3D CAD modeling tool)
- Working experience in interpreting manufacturing drawings with complex (1-3 Years: Basic) GD&T requirements.
- Requires knowledge necessary to perform the job function such as an understanding of the engineering processes, DFx (Design for Excellence) engineering principles, value engineering, Producibility / manufacturability analysis, test & tooling (1-3 years: Optional)
- Experience in handling Supplier problems and root cause analysis for short term & long-term corrective action.
- Experience in Teamcenter recommended. (1-3 years: optional)
- Experience in understanding basic function of an ERP systems preferably SAP & apply them to perform activities efficiently.
- Very good communication & interpersonal skills in collaborating with various stakeholders in and outside.
Other Skills (Good to have)
- DFm & DFp knowledge & experience
- PFMECA process knowledge
- Six sigma & Lean principles
- Requires strong skills in Product technology, change management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, personal effectiveness, team skills, and quality.
- Must be able to manage dynamic priorities.
Permanent, Full Time