company Name: Wallmart
Post name:HBCU Summit: Finance & Accounting
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data Analysis and Insights, Relational Database Management System (RDMS)Masters: Business Administration
Location: BENTONVILLE, AR USA
POSITION TYPE: Salary
Salary: Depends On Interview
Selection process: Interview Dates And Venue Will Be Shared With The Shortlist Candidates Separately
Wallmart HBCU Summit: Finance & Accounting Job descripations
What you’ll do…
Provides support and input to short-term and long-term financial planning processes by analyzing financial statements and other information; assisting in financial planning to perform financial modeling analysis; collaborating with management to review and analyze expenses; preparing and submitting recommendation reports to management; and measuring performance indicators.
Supports ongoing financial process improvements by analyzing financial and business information to identify improvement opportunities; assisting in the development and preparation of financial programs and reports; documenting and communicating financial issues to executive and senior management ; and partnering with senior management, business owners, and external stakeholders to identify and test financial controls.
Communicates with functional areas to understand significant variations; documenting and preparing results for presentation; and providing follow-up or answering any questions regarding financial issues.
Provides input for business decisions by supporting the development of financial models that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations; participating in business case presentations to senior and executive management; and communicating forecasts, assumptions, and variances to senior management.
Assists internal and external resources to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals and corporate objectives; providing feedback to management regarding risks associated with financial projects; supporting business unit budget process; and providing insight on relevant historical trends, expected future events, and retail trends. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Data Analysis and Insights, Relational Database Management System (RDMS)Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?Wallmart
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.