Qualification: Masters/ Degree In Mechanical Engineering
Salary: Depends On Interview
Selection Process: Interview Dates And Venue Will Be Shared With The Shortlist Candidates Separately
Eaton Corporation Job Description:
- If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Reliability and Safety Engineer based in Pune, India.
- In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
- This exciting role is established for Aerospace business of Eaton in Center for Reliability & Safety team. The core responsibilities of this position are following:
- Responsible for delivering RMS work packages across multiple New Product Introduction (NPI)/Sustaining Engineering (SE) projects of Aerospace – Fluid Motion Controls (FMC) product lines without impacting project schedules.
- Responsible to influence the design and bring in novel ideas to not only mitigate reliability/safety risks but also aid to optimize the product performance.
- Responsible for reporting and monitoring performance of Aerospace products in the field
- Responsible to build & sustain static actuarial model library of Aerospace components.
- Responsible to find Retrofit modifications and upgrade opportunities using field failure data and make sure it gets accepted as project
- Responsible to do continuous process improvements to achieve desired productivity using lean methodology
- Create and/or revise RMS deliverables such as Reliability, Maintainability & Safety Program Plan, Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA/SFHA), System Safety Analysis (PSSA/SSA), Reliability Predictions Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA, FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Maintainability Analysis, for NPIs and/or existing product improvements.
- Work with cross functional team as well as global reliability engineering team for designing in reliability on NPI programs and/or existing product improvements. Thus, responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability and safety risks.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones and hours, conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Preferred: Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering with 0-1 year experience in Aero RAMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-4 year experience in Aero RAMS.
- Awareness of standards such as NPRD-95, FMD-97, MIL-HDBK-217F, MIL-STD-1629, Rev A, SAE ARP 4761, SAE ARP 4754, FAR 25.981, FAR 25.863, AC 25.981-1C, AC 25.981-2A.
- Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FTA/FMEA, 8D, developing & analyzing component failure rates. Knowledge in FRACAS and reducing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability/safety analysis suite of tools, RAM Commander/Reliasoft preferred
- Experience with Power BI/OBI EE tools
- Desired: Work experience in the Aerospace systems
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization etc.
- Process Management Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
Permanent, Full Time