Qualification: Degree In Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering
AECOM Mechanical Civil Engineer Job Description:
AECOM will have a need for Mechanical Engineer IV for our projects near Miramar Beach, Florida the begining of 2024. The Mechanical Engineer will support the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as an owners’ representative.
This person will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- The individual will be responsible for enforcement of contract requirement for all assigned contracts
- Coordination with customers, contractors, designers, and Quality Assurance in order to determine appropriate changes necessary to the contracts
- Make recommendations to the Contracting Officer and Administrative Contracting Officer for resolution of modifications to contracts
- Assures that construction is accomplished in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Brings any deficiency to the attentions of the contractor and extracts compliance
- Receives and checks for contract compliance of technical submittals from the contractor, such as shop drawings, catalog cuts, samples, etc
- Investigates the need for contract change orders including consultations with the designer for design changes
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff’s specific area of expertise
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings
- Prepares technical specification sections
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements
- BA/BS in Engineering + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- U.S. Citizenship required, due to the nature of the work
- Current Professional Engineer license
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as Mechanical engineer on large complex multimillion dollar DoD construction projects reviewing submittals, contractor questions, RFIs, and construction inspection; experience with Resident Management System (RMS); and Microsoft Office experience.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Relocation is not available for this position
Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is: $92k – $150k
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
Empollyment Type,Full Time